Many of us have a vague idea about the zodiac signs. We know it is connected to birth months and several gemstones are also used to raise the positive vibrations and increase the good aspects of personality traits associated with our zodiac signs. The birthstones are also supposed to bring us good luck. So, what are the zodiac signs and how do you find out which sign you belong to and what is your birthstone? In the below article we have discussed in detail the 12 signs of the Zodiac, the personality types associated with each sign, and how to identify which birthstone will favor and suit you.
The Twelve Zodiac Signs
The study of astrology and Zodiac signs has been practiced in all cultures of the world. Ancient Mayans practiced it, Babylonians did it, Druids dabbled in it, Chinese had their distinct astrology and so did the people of ancient India. To this day Western, Indian, and Chinese astrology is still practiced and is quite popular worldwide. Western astrology assigned constellations to the signs and associated them with objects and animals and particular periods of a month’s duration. These developed into twelve zodiac signs which we are so familiar with today. Do you know that Zodiac is derived from a Greek word that meant “Circle of Animals”?
How to Identify Your Sign Based on Your Birthday?
You can find what zodiac you belong to by checking your birthday and matching it with the sun sign allocated to that period. The below list will help you in identifying your Zodiac sign as per the birthday.
1. Zodiac starts with the Aries sign. It is the sun sign of the people born between March 21 and April 19.
2. The second sign of the zodiac is Taurus. Natives belonging to this sun sign are born between April 20 to May 20.
3. Geminis or the twins are the third sign of the zodiac. People born between May 21 and June 20 belong to this dynamic sign.
4. Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac and those born between June 21 and July 22 can proudly declare themselves as Cancerians.
5. Leo the king of the zodiac is the fifth sign. Lions are born between July 23 and August 22.
6. Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac and those born between August 23 and September 22 belong to this sun sign.
7. The seventh sign of the zodiac is Libra. Natives with this balanced sign join humanity between September 23 and October 22.
8. Scorpio is the eighth sign of the zodiac. Scorpions grace this world with their birth between October 23 and November 21.
9. The ninth sign of the zodiac is Sagittarius. The archers shoot into this world between November 22 and December 21.
10. Capricorn is the tenth sign of the zodiac. Capricorn natives are the ones born between December 22 and January 19.
11. Aquarius is the eleventh sign of the zodiac. Aquarians float into this world between January 20 and February 18.
12. Pisces is the twelfth and the last sign of the zodiac. Pisceans swim into consciousness for the first time between February 19 and March 20.
Here is some trivia for you! The northern zodiac constellations consist of Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, and Leo. These are located in the eastern celestial hemisphere. The rest which includes Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, Sagittarius, Capricornus, and Aquarius come under southern zodiac constellations and are located in the western celestial hemisphere.
Guide to Personalities Based on Zodiac Signs
Now, that you know about your zodiac symbol let us see if you notice some similarities in your personality and nature associated with your sun sign.
Aries or the Ram is the first sign of the zodiac. As its symbol, Aries-born natives take the challenges head on. They are full of energy, impulsive, passionate, and courageous. Many boxers and armed force personnel belong to this sign.
Taurus has the bull as its symbol. Don’t be fooled by the sign. These are not plodders. A bull has immense energy and potential to achieve anything. They are reliable and stable and like to make their homes comfortable and provide for their loved ones.
Gemini has the twins as its symbol. The natives of this sun sign are good communicators with a creative side to their personality. They are curious and easily adaptable. Most of the ad men are born under this sun sign.
Cancer has the crab as its symbol. Cancerians are said to be emotional. But they are tenacious and always think about the goal ahead. They don’t make friends easily but once they do, they become friends for life. A Cancerian is a true friend and will always support and believe in you.
Leo as the name denotes has the Lion as its symbol. Leos are royal just like their sun sign. These are generous people who are willing to lead the common population towards a better future. Many political leaders and corporate honchos belong to this sign.
Virgo has the maiden as its symbol. Virgos always look into the finer details and make for good researchers. They are loyal friends and once they have picked a cause they will never abandon it. Many intellectuals and academicians belong to this sign.
Libra has scales as its symbols. The natives belonging to this Venusian sign appreciate the finer things in life. Their home is filled with luxury items which they work very hard to achieve. Librans are social people; they like to mingle and are gracious and elegant. Many fashion designers and actors belong to this sign.
Scorpio has the scorpion as its symbol. Scorpio natives are mysterious and have magnetic personalities. They are resourceful and never forget any insult. It is unwise to have enmity with them. Scorpions work behind the scenes and many of the policymakers and strategists belong to this sign.
Sagittarius has the Centaur (half human half horse ) archer as its symbol. Archers are talkative and creative persons. They have the gift of the gab and can reduce any person to tears if they cross their wrong side. Yet they forgive easily too. They have the most generous and fun-loving personalities among all zodiac signs.
Capricorn as the horned goat as its symbol. Capricorn natives are disciplined and conscientious. They know their responsibility towards their family and also wish to help society as a whole. But it doesn’t mean they are dull. They too love enjoying and partying occasionally but never go overboard. Many of these natives are bureaucrats and even work in NGOs.
Aquarius has the water bearer as its symbol. Aquarians are intelligent and have pragmatic personalities. These are independent and not easily tied down. Aquarians are original thinkers. Many successful businessmen and startup founders belong to this sign.
Pisces has the two fish as its symbol. Pisceans are wise and mystic. It is said that since they are the last sign of the zodiac, they have the wisdom of all the previous signs distilled in them. Pisceans also have an artistic streak. Many natives of this sign are philosophers, authors, and teachers.
A bit more trivia for you. The sun signs described above represent the four elements and the seasons too. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius represent summers and the fire element. Springtime is represented by Gemini, Libra, and the Aquarius which are all air signs. The autumn or fall season and the earth element are represented by Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn signs. Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces are water signs that represent winter season.
Zodiac Jewellery Gives You Star Power
Western astrology has allocated gemstones based on the zodiac signs. These are believed to strengthen the good qualities of your sign and bring good luck.
1. Aries - Aries sign people should wear bloodstone jewellery. It brings vitality and agility to the native.
2. Taurus - The bulls should wear sapphire which also enhances their communication abilities.
3. Gemini - The twins should wear Agate jewellery to bring stability and balance to their life.
4. Cancer - Wearing emerald jewellery is recommended for Cancerians which brings them true love and bestows elegance on them.
5. Leo - The lions should wear Onyx. It increases their strength and stamina and also calms their fiery temper.
6. Virgo - Virgo natives should wear Carnelian jewellery. It increases their confidence levels and makes them more passionate.
7. Libra - Librans are recommended to wear Peridot. It increases the radiance of their already charming personality and brings a certain focus and resolve to their character.
8. Scorpio - Scorpions should wear Topaz jewellery. It increases their substantial strength and gives them emotional intelligence.
9. Sagittarius - The archers should wear Turquoise for good health and fortune.
10. Capricorn - Capricorn natives should wear Ruby stones. This increases their vitality and protects them from any harm.
11. Aquarius - Aquarians should wear Garnet jewellery. It raises their vitality and energy levels.
12. Pisces - Pisceans should wear Amethyst as a birthstone. It is a healing stone that works on both physical and mental health and also makes their personality calmer.
Awesome Astrology and Zodiac Gemstone Jewellery
Check out the AËLRA JOAILLERIE collection of exotic and elegant multi-stone jewellery combining diamonds with a variety of birthstones. The stones include Sapphires, Rose Quartz, Rubies, Garnet, Tanzanite, Blue Topaz, Rhodolite, Peridot, Emeralds, Tourmaline, Citrine, and Amethyst. The jewellery comes in a variety of designs which includes rings, pendants, necklaces, and earrings. These are set in 9, 14, and 18k white, red, and yellow gold. If you want to buy zodiac gemstone jewellery for yourself or a loved one, do browse through our collection dedicated to birthstone jewellery.