Necklaces are a personal style beacon that reveals to the world our fashion taste and aesthetic sense. Diamonds are the hardest known substances known to humanity with unparalleled brilliance, sparkle, and beauty. They are amazing to look at and the stone of choice for any jewelry aficionado. Therefore, it makes sense to purchase a diamond necklace for yourself or your loved ones. A diamond necklace is a timeless gift that is a perfect accessory for everyday wear and also for special occasions. They are guaranteed to make the receiver of the gift happy and add elegance and class to any outfit they are paired with.
The Difference Between a Pendant and a Necklace
A pendant is a charm that is worn around the neck on a chain. A necklace is a jewelry that is worn around the neck that may comprise of a chain with a pendant/locket or a chain itself if these accessories are excluded.
The Length of the Necklace
The length of the necklace depends on the measurement of the neck and personal preference. But a general rule of thumb is that smaller pendants look well with a short necklace while a big-sized pendant should be paired with a long necklace. The nomenclature of necklace lengths is as below.
1. Collar – It has a length of 14 inches or 35cm. It wraps around the throat.
2. Choker – Has a length of 16 inches or 40cm. It fits close to the throat.
3. Princess – Has a length of 18 inches or 45cm. Rests on the collarbone
4. Matinee – Has a length of 20 inches or 50cm. Rests between the collarbone and the bust.
Longer necklaces of more than 26 inches in length are called Opera and Rope. These are generally used for pearl necklaces or for sporting a big medallion.
Popular Diamond Necklace Styles
Diamond necklaces come in a variety of designs. Let us look at some of the popular diamond necklace designs.
1. Solitaire Necklace
A solitaire necklace features a single diamond. It is a timeless and classic gift that can be worn on any occasion and with any outfit. Check out the striking LILLE and VERSAILLES solitaire pendant necklaces from the exquisite jewelry collection at AËLRA JOAILLERIE.
2. Halo Necklace
This design has a diamond in the center that is surrounded by a halo of smaller diamonds. It makes the center diamond appears larger. It is also a timeless and versatile gift, fit for any occasion, but more brilliant and luxurious due to the multitude of diamonds. Check out the gorgeous KENT and OSLO diamond pendant necklaces from the exquisite jewelry collection at AËLRA JOAILLERIE.
3. Cluster Necklace
Cluster necklaces have several small diamonds set together to create the illusion of one big diamond. These perfect gifts are suited for any occasion. Check out the beautiful STOCKHOLM and LA LOUVIERE and cluster diamond pendant necklaces from the house of AËLRA JOAILLERIE.
4. Heart Shaped Necklace
A heart-shaped diamond necklace is a perfect gift for expressing your love. Gift it on birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, or any day you like. Check out the lovely CRETE heart-shaped diamond pendant necklace from the exquisite jewelry collection at AËLRA JOAILLERIE.
5. Diamond and Gemstone Necklaces
Diamonds are a perfect pair with luxurious gemstones. Natural hues of stones like emeralds, rubies, and sapphires accentuate the brilliance and shine of diamonds. These exquisite beauties can be created in a wide range of combinations and designs. These are perfect gifts as birthstone jewelry and for those who have a favorite gemstone and like a dash of vibrant color in their jewelry. Check out the brilliant AMALFI, LISBON, and MYKONOS diamond and gemstone pendant necklaces from the house of AËLRA JOAILLERIE.
6. Other Designs
Diamond necklaces are made in several original designs. These designs show the creativity of the designers and come in several eye-catching and beautiful shapes. Check out the MALMADY, BRUGES, WARSAW, and KNOKKE diamond pendant necklaces in beautiful linear, circular, and cloverleaf-shaped designs from the exquisite jewelry collection at AËLRA JOAILLERIE.
General Tips for Wearing a Diamond Necklace
- Color of the pendant should match with the necklace. A white gold pendant should go with a white gold chain and a yellow one with a yellow gold chain.
- Pendant should be the foremost part of the necklace. Pair a simple chain that does not distract from the pendant and lets it be the center of attraction.
- Choose the appropriate necklace for the occasion. It will add meaning to the gift. For e.g., a solitaire necklace for special occasions like anniversaries, a heart-shaped one for valentine's day, and a gemstone necklace on birthdays.
- The shape of the face also should be taken into consideration. To make a round face appear slimmer wear a long necklace. A short necklace suits a heart-shaped face. A round pendant softens the features of an angular face. Those having oval faces can choose any shape and size as all suit them.
Quality of the Diamond
The costliest part of a diamond necklace is the diamonds. Always select the diamonds certified by GIA, IGI, or HRD. These testing authorities have strict parameters for certifying the diamonds. A certificate of authenticity should list the 4 Cs of diamond quality which are Carat, Color, Clarity, and Cut.
Diamond necklaces are the most elegant jewellery that you can get for yourself or as a gift for a loved one. This versatile and beautiful jewellery item looks good whether you wear it to formal occasions or as everyday wear. A gift of a diamond necklace is always appreciated and treasured. Do browse through our wide range of diamond and gemstone pendant necklaces if you are interested in buying a timeless piece of jewellery.